Perceived as a cheaper alternative to marble or granite, brownstone has been a superb sandstone product for historic as well as residential buildings in the Western world, especially in New York. Initially used as a popular building material for facades and walkways, today this natural stone has made an impact around and is widely used for construction and décor projects.
When we talk about brownstone, it means a few earth-toned colors within sandstone. It is just an assortment of brown to red-brown sandstone having a varied surface texture. Red, purple, brown, and pink sandstones are commonly called brownstone. Mainly, brown sandstone comes with a dark-hued surface, occurred due to a high amount of iron in the stone. Move ahead and check out what are common earth-toned hues of brownstone for rendering a superb meaning to the interior and exterior décor. Moreover, readers will be able to peep into the scenario of Indian sandstone availability as per size, design, and other features.
Brown sandstone options for multiple applications
From garden to patio and from facades to pool stone, there are lots of places in and around your home that you can embellish with a superb natural stone product. Without a doubt, colorful sandstone makes things happen in your favor. When it comes to choosing a particular one, brownstone stuns all in an innate manner. Cobblestones, facing bricks, palisades, skirting stone, step blocks, floor plates, tiles, slabs, wall cladding, and wall stones are some of the applications of the natural stone product.
Since the 19th century, high-quality brownstone has been a pivotal construction and décor material for row houses. This stone is still a craze among homeowners looking for an alternative to expensive natural stone products like marble and granite. Brown sandstone doesn’t come with color restrictions. Interestingly, this stone type has lots of color choices that homeowners can choose in order to make this domestic premises look stylish and enticing. Following are some of the colors that add more variety to brown sandstone options.
- Autumn brown sandstone – Creamy brown natural stone devouring a blend of dark and light brown tones with traces of plum and grey hues
- Dholpur beige sandstone – Smeared in a buff white color with even grain size and veins of purple hue
- Two-tone sandstone – A unique pattern of lines in many shades that contrast from buff to beige and brown hues
- Kota desert sandstone – Dark to light brown in color with swirls in a golden brown shade
- Camel dust sandstone – Creamy yellow colored sandstone with hues of dark brown on its surface
Sandstone products available in the Indian market
With over 90% of sandstone deposits in various districts of Rajasthan in north India, sandstone suppliers from India offer various colorful options for brownstone. From Bharatpur to Dholpur and from Kota to Jaisalmer, there are multiple sandstone quarries that produce raw sandstone blocks. Extracted stone products are then sent to sandstone processing units for further treatment, including cleaning, cutting, polishing, and finishing as per industrial standards. As far as brown stone products are concerned, Indian sandstone hub offers the following materials with size dimensions for domestic and commercial décor. These include:
- Tiles: 30 x 30, 60 x 30, 60 x 60 and 60 x 90 cm with width thickness 2 cm, 3 cm, 4 cm, 5 cm or 6 cm.
- Slabs: 120-190 cm x 90-60 cm with width thickness 2 cm, 3 cm, 4 cm, 5 cm or 6 cm.
- Palisades: 10-12 x 12-25 x 30-250 cm
- Wall cladding: 100 x 25-45 x 5 cm
- Step Blocks: 75-200 x 35 x 15 cm
- Floor plates, facing bricks, wall stones, skirting stone, and cobblestones
Sandstone customers looking for customized brown sandstone products can ask their stone suppliers for individual solutions.
Regatta Universal Exports is a brownstone (sandstone) supplier and manufacturer offering the world high-quality products in different standard and customized options.