Commonly used as a building and sculpture material, marble is a metamorphic rock that has been a great addition to the beauty of all living structures for many decades. The Greeks called marble “Marmaros,” known for its brilliant reflective properties.
People love marble because it enhances the overall beauty of a space where it is installed. Stone engineers, masons, and stone installers prefer this stone as it is soft, easy to carve, and resistant to shattering. There are lots of form of the marble available in the market such as blocks, tiles, slabs, and stone articles. Among them, marble tiles are more popular and widely used for garnering floors, walls, countertops, vanity tops, etc.
Primarily, marble is classified on the basis of its color and the location where is quarried. A large number of marble quarries around the world produce white-hued stones. As far as marble producing countries are concerned, the United States, Italy, India, and a few European nations grab a lion share as compared to the rest of the world. Marble tiles are not engineered at a quarry; it is a marble stone processing factory that makes a rough stone fit for use and functional for installation. Let’s know more about marble tile colors, features, variety, sizes, quality, and suggestions for buyers.
Marble tiles for a timeless style, sophisticated feel, and elegant choice around
Natural stones have been around us for ages in various forms. Be it granite, sandstone, marble, or limestone, natural stones play a vital role in numerous construction projects globally. Being a cool, rich, and eminent, tiles of marble give a vivid look to walls, floors, and other surfaces. Both rectangular and square sized tiles deliver a really exclusive appearance. In white and off-white colors, marble stones, especially contrasting veins, are known for their enticing looks.
All living rooms, bathrooms, bedrooms, commercial spaces, and kitchens get a new life when this stone is installed in a practical manner. This stone product comes to your aid when you prefer to make your interiors speak the language of perfection. Whether you cartel opposing or similar marble looks, this natural stone product imparts a “wow” factor and transforms your room completely.
Why marble tiles for multiple applications?
Marble tiles have multiple applications including countertops, artifacts, fireplaces, mosaic, flooring, fountains, pool, and wall coping. Unique features of marble tiles give marble lovers an edge over stone material types. Let’s check out some of the features that make tiles first choice of all. These features include:
- A little expensi ve but high functional
- Limited design choices
- Presence of natural flaws, veins, and lines on the surface
- Strong and durable stone
- This stone commits luxurious and opulent floors
- Physical Properties: – Compressive Strength (1800 to 2100 Kg/cm2); Density (2.5 – 2.65 Kg/m3); Hardness (3 to 4 Rating on Mohs Scale); Porosity (Low); Water Absorption (Below 1%), and Weather Impact (High Resistance)
- Chemical Properties: – Alumina (Al2O3) – 2-4%; Lime (CaO) – 38-42%; Loss on Ignition (LOI) – 30-32%; Oxides (Mg & Na) – 1.5-2.5%; and Silica (SiO2) – 20-25%
Marble tiles variety, colors, sizes, and design
Marble is a natural stone product that no man-made material can outshine at all. Although there are some engineered stone products that come with controlled quality, yet gleaming stones like marble are quite spectacular. Artificial tiles made of marble-like materials are engineered after imitating the original appearance of natural materials. By controlling quality at a certain stage, engineered stones try to match the level of marble.
The reasons behind natural or coincidence quality of marble include natural defects, colors, strength, and innate beauty. That is why this stone commits better decorating options. Nature is the biggest engineer and you can’t beat it at all. When it comes to buying marble tiles, marble suppliers from various countries give marble tile buyers an edge in terms of quality, quantity, cost, and perfection. Following are some popular colors and varieties of tile products made of marble:
- Black marble – Mercury black, carbon black, and black marine marble
- Brown marble – Fantasy brown marble
- Green marble – Spider green, plain green, and forest green marble
- Pink marble – Pink onyx and pink marble
- Veining marble – Rainforest green, golden, and brown marble
- White marble – Bruno white, Albeta white, Markrana white, and white onyx marble
Features of softness, feel, veins, texture, lines, defects, and backdrop designs simply boost the overall aesthetics of the stone surface. Presence of any of these qualities over the surface makes design of marble tiles superb. As far as the availability of the stone sizes is concerned, global buyers can expect the following sizes. These include:
- Standard tile product sizes: 30x30cm, 30.5×30.5cm, 30x60cm, 40x40cm, 45x45cm, 60x60cm and 61x61cm
If you need any special size of tiles, then tile manufacturers can help you get the same as per your changing needs.
Marble quality, grades, and finishes for tiles
What is the quality of a marble product? There are various findings that focus on certain geological processes, quarrying processes, finishing processes, or stone cutting pattern to determine the overall quality factors. Visible and distinct veins, occurred due to the presence of natural crystals, running over the surface of the stone gives a new dimension to the quality when it is reflected by proper finish and polishing. In marble stone, natural defects or impurities are seen as a plus point. When a stone wears sand, silt, clay, and iron oxides, it emerges as a stone with gorgeous impurities.
Interestingly, natural impurities find inside the stone indicate to the coincidence quality not controlled quality. Marble tile exporters cater to needs of all sorts of marble buyers keeping the factors of quality in mind. It is also known that quality differs from buyer to buyer. Plainly speaking, there is no prefixed grading system that buyers can consider to assess the quality of the stone of their choice. Primarily, there are three grade types related to the factor of quality. These include:
- Exotic or high-end quality labels: It is earmarked with one-of-a-kind variations, patterns, and hues.
- Low-grade marble quality: It is commercial or second choice stone due to the presence of excessive soft minerals in the stone.
- Mid-grade marble quality: It is concerned with the presence of clear colors and attractive patterns with lower uniqueness.
There are lots of marble tile finishes available around, yet below-mentioned are popular finishes one can expect from natural stone manufacturers in all parts of the world. These include:
- Available Marble Finishes: Polished, lepatora, honed, sandblasted, antique (sandblasted + brushed), bush-hammered, bush-hammered + brushed, and leather finish.
- Edge Finish: Machine cut edges
Be a marble tile expert and buy only real marble not fake one
Real Marble Tile
All marble products are not the same, so are their inherent features. If you are not an expert, you will certainly find it hard to differentiate. Getting timely help from experts can make things in your favor. If not, you need to know what is right or wrong. Sometimes, engineered tiles look more beautiful than natural tiles. It is always a big step to make a decision to choose the real one and avoid fake one. It will be great if you can know the real aspects of man-made or natural marble product. Just stick to these features that can take you in the right direction and know if your choice stone product is fake or real.
- Stone color and pattern analysis by checking veins, colors, and texture smeared on the surface of the stone. If the stone misses these natural imperfections, it means it is a fake marble product.
- The water test application: If the stone you are buying doesn’t absorb water, it means it is an engineered stone made of epoxy resins. On the other hand, marble tiles absorb water as it is porous.
- Tapping through the stone: Natural stone product simply induces a ringing like sound when it is tapped on the back. On the other hand, a fake stone offers no sound as it is made of resin and crystals.
- Know marble price: Basically, marble price fluctuates as per the higher and lower quality options. If you are getting stone for a lower price than its actual range, it is probable that the seller is cheating you with a fake product.
- A careful look at the stone joints: Some tiles are processed by a machine and others by human beings. This difference can induce a shift in the seam pattern.
Marble tiles price is a big variable
Marble tile prices are varying as per destination, quality, processing, and economic factors. All marble stones are not the same, so are their relative prices. The price of the stone also goes up due to lower supply and higher demand in the competitive market. The price of rare marble tile colors (white and black from India) is generally high. The price of the stone also varies as per the quality and grading of the stone (high, medium, and lower). In addition, marble products processed and mined in an exotic location are found costlier than the stones that are processed in your own country. Without a doubt, a stone that is rare and hard to extract adds more burden to your pocket. In case of monopoly, marble producer may extort more bucks from you. Involvement of lots of agents in the stone buying and selling process can also inflate the overall price of the marble tiles. Cost of marble substitutes and finished products also matters the most. The distance between quarry and factory and ports also gives a price variation.
Marble buying tips for global buyers
Professional buyers needn’t any suggestion as they are industry stalwarts. If you are new to the market, you better start things with the checking of certifications and testimonials of marble exporting company. It will take you in the right direction. It will be great if you can know more about some of the activities involved in the course of quarrying to tile processing at factories. Check out activities of stone inspecting, cleaning, packing, and delivering for having a unanimous decision. Another thing you can do is to check the online price details of companies selling marble tiles. Big marble producer like India offers a big assortment of marble products at a competitive price tag. There are lots of parties involved in the buying and selling of marble from one place (native destination of the stone) to another one (global destinations where the stone is delivered by shipping). These parties are B2B buyers, B2C buyers, exporters, manufacturers, suppliers, wholesaler, traders, common agents, and end consumers. Check out the supply chain for a quick result.
Regatta Universal Exports is a professional and certified marble tile exporter and manufacturer offering a big range of marble stone products in more than 60 countries around the world.