The Natural Stone Council (NSC) assumes slate as an “inherently earth-friendly” material. It has lots of eco-friendly attributes that make the stone first choice for roofing and flooring applications. This stone is eco-friendly because it is durable, easy to use, and maintain. Recyclability and the use of the best practices preferred at quarries and manufacturing units declare the stone ready to use. This fine-grained material is ideal as roofing slates/shingles. Slate suppliers suggest that sealants enhance stone’s stain resistance, durability, and surface smoothness. The NSC writes, “Conserving resources, preventing pollution, and minimizing waste are some ways the stone industry is working to be eco-friendly through green building.” That is why Indian slate gives an edge to all. Know more about the processing, extraction, availability, and marketing options of the highly decorative roofing and flooring stone.
Opencast method to extract slate from mines
A large number of slate suppliers in India are indulged in the manufacturing, processing, and selling of different slate types. The Indian stone is famous for its inherent features. It is an opencast method that slate quarry owners use for mining the stone. With the process of drilling and controlled blasting, stone engineers remove the slate from mines. Through a semi-mechanized method, labors carry out the stone manually. Next, the slate slab is broken by hammers and other sharp objects. It is done to have smaller slate pieces in the thickness of 6-10 mm for cladding and thickness of 20 to 35 mm for flooring. Before being sold in the competitive market, the stone is made smooth and edged.
With slate suppliers, the slate stone can be availed under different commercial names, including Golden Copper, silver grey, green, black, peacock, panther, mica, speckled, Deoli, and Mahi. Sawing, shaping, and beveling is the primary phases for stone processing. All slate lovers can expect the following from the slate suppliers and manufacturers:
- Available slate finishes: Natural split, honed, polished, natural + brushed and honed + sandblasted.
- Edge Finish: Machine cut edges.
- Sizes: 30 X 30, 40 X 40, 60 X 30, 60 X 40, 60 X 60
- Thickness: 1 – 1.5 cm
- Thickness: 1 cm, 1.2 cm, 1.5 cm & 2 cm
Indian varieties of saleable slate products for marketing
From roofing to cladding and from flooring to flagging, the slate is popular for a wide variety of interior and exterior uses at home or offices. When we talk about slate in India, states like Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal, Rajasthan, and Andhra Pradesh make a big difference in the production of the stone. Let’s check out what slate suppliers from India have in their bags for slate lovers with the following Indian slate varieties:
- Black rustic slate, black natural slate, and chocolate slate
- JAK black slate, Jak multicolor slate, and KK white slate
- Lilac slate, m green (rustic) slate, yellow slate, and m green slate
- Multi pink slate, multi-color peacock slate, and multi-color slate
- N green slate, pure pink slate, raja red slate, and red gold slate
- Rosa slate, S P autumn slate, SRA slate, and terra red slate
- Vijaya gold slate, yellow multi slate, and yellow rustic slate
If you talk about major slate reserves in India, Rajasthan leads the tally of states with higher slate production. Primarily, Bharatpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ajmer, Alwar, Tonk, Udaipur, Chittorgarh, and Churu catch all eyes in Rajasthan. In the Kund area of Haryana, the peacock is a premier selection. In the same manner, Alwar in Rajasthan is the place for availing export-quality. At a broad level, there are two Indian varieties for slate:
- North Indian varieties: Jak Black, Multicolour Peacock, and Rosa
- South Indian varieties: Indian autumn, M. Green, Multi Pink, Raja Red, Vijaya Gold, and Yellow Rustic
Regatta Universal Exports, one of the prominent slate suppliers in India, serves its global customers with unbiased stone solutions with a unique touch of 100% quality, round the clock customer service, and updated packaging and shipping facilities. The stone supplier overcomes all expectations with timely delivery of customized slate products at a competitive price tag.