Marble is a sophisticated choice with a truly inimitable look and feel. It can be used to garner a shower, countertop, flooring, wall, vanity, deck, and other surfaces in the form of slabs and tiles.
From an island top to an area used for baking and from bar tops to restaurants, there are various spaces with a kitchen that can be illuminated with colorful marble stone products. Beauty, cool temperature, easy availability, affordable cost are some of the prime reasons showing why marble is a must for your kitchen’s décor and appeal. Kitchen countertops in marble are the most vital part of every modern and traditional kitchen. With this content, readers will know more about characteristics, colorful options, and facts of the stone with reference to why marble countertops are indispensable for kitchen countertops.
Swirls and veins: New characteristics of colorful marble
Have you ever imagined why marble looks so enticing every time you have a glance at the stone? It is actually some unique characteristics of the stone products that make the stone first choice of all. When marble as a metamorphic rock is exposed to extreme temperature and pressure, some sorts of chemical and physical properties take place. It is the recrystallization process that forces molecules to form an interlocking structure of carbonate crystals. Marble gets rare colors due to the presence of hidden impurities in it. Materials like clay, sand, silt, magnesia, silica, and iron oxides are responsible for bestowing the stone characteristics of swirling and veining patterns.
From pure white to solid black and everything in between them, there are various colors that give a new dimension to the beauty of the natural stone. Rainforest brown marble, golden marble, and green marble are enriched with tree-like branching of veins and swirls of dark to medium shades. Moreover, black marine and spider green marble with thick and thin colorful veins across the surface stun onlookers innately. Look at some of the striking features of this stone product.
- Resistance to shattering and low refractive index
- Versatility and smooth texture
- Surface with swirls and veins
- Durability and attractive look
- Cool to the touch and roll out pastry dough
That is why marble countertops are simply a superb alternative for kitchen countertops. Let’s move ahead and check out what sort of popular marble facts make the stone a fit for all kitchens.
Quick facts on marble for countertops in kitchen
There are lots of marble producing countries offering a big variety of marble products. Yet, all of them are not offering the same marble quality and quantity. Some deal in commercial and mid-quality marble. Big producers such as India and Brazil offer all three quality marble types. With cutter and gangsaw slabs of multiple sizes, Indian marble suppliers cater to the changing needs of B2B and B2C buyers. Following are some of the unique facts of marble slabs for countertops.
- Physical Properties: 2.5-2.65 Kg/m3 density; 1800-2100 Kg/cm2 compressive strength; 3-4 hardness rating on mohs scale; 1% water absorption; high resistance to weather impact, and low porosity.
- Chemical Properties: 20-25% silica; 38-42% lime; 2-4% alumina; 30-32% loss on ignition, and 1.5-2.5% oxides
- Available Marble Products: Gangsaw slabs 260 x 160 cm up in 2 & 3 cm; cutter slabs 180 x 60 cm up in 2 & 3 cm, and countertops.
- Marble Finishes: Polished, lepatora, honed, sandblasted, antique (sandblasted + brushed), bush hammered, bush hammered + brushed, and leather finish.
- Edge Finish: Machine cut edges
Colorful marble stone countertop options in the Indian market
When it comes to selecting countertops for kitchens, white marble catches the top spot. The reason why this material attracts everyone is its natural patterns with great variety. Architects generally recommend marble lovers to prefer white hue. With changing times and trends, other popular marble colors like black, green, and brown are making their ways to stylish kitchens. Following are some of the top color options for marble kitchen countertops. These include:
- Albeta and Makrana white marble countertops
- Rainforest brown, golden, and green marble countertops
- Plain, forest, and spider green marble countertops
- Pink onyx marble countertops
- Black marine, mercury black, and carbon black marble countertops
So, marble is 100% okay in the kitchen? This stone can do wonders if you favor the factors of look, durability, beauty, and performance. Interestingly, it is stylish marble countertops that simply fit all kitchen designs and surroundings. If you can maintain marble and adjust with staining and scratches, it will be a great addition to your kitchen.
Regatta Universal Exports is an ISO-certified marble manufacturer and supplier dealing in the sale and export of high-quality countertops made of marble material. The 20-year-old natural stone company caters all the needs of marble buyers in more than 60 countries across the world at a competitive price tag.